Online appointment booking and repeat medication requesting via Patient Access.
Patient Access is a system which enables patients, over the age of 16, to book appointments, order repeat medication, update their own contact details and view medical information such as immunisations, problems etc.
Patients can register to use the system either online or in person at the practice. Either way, you will be asked to bring proof of identity into the surgery to support your application and to sign up to the Terms and Conditions.
Once you have access to the system you will be able to book into any available, pre-bookable appointment slot with one of our five GPs. You will also be able to cancel and re-book should you wish to. Only 2 appointments can be booked at any given time.(Nurse appointments will not be made available to book online due to the variation in length of appointment and complexity of cases).
You will be able to view your current repeat medication and place an order for any of the items. The staff at the surgery will prepare the prescription for collection or it will go to your nominated pharmacy within 48 hours of receipt of the request.
You will also be able to update some of your contact details such as mobile phone number and e-mail address to ensure we can always reach you if required.
If you would like to find out more about how you can register to use Patient Access click our Step By Step Guide.
If you wish to register you will need to complete the Terms and Conditions form (print, sign and bring in to the surgery — this will be scanned on to your medical records) and also provide uthe practice with 2 proof of identity documents.
If you would like to register for this service online:
- go to www.patient.co.uk
- click on the orange Sign In button top right
- click on the green Register button
- answer the questions to register
- if successful, the practice will receive notification of your registration
- you will then need to bring two proof of identity documents (1 should be photo) along with a signed copy of the Terms & Conditions form (available on the practice website) to the practice before we can allow full access, this must be within 2 months of the initial request.
If you would like to register at the practice:
- go to reception at a quiet time if possible eg. Between 11am and 12noon OR 2pm and 3.30pm
- you will need to bring with you two proof of identity documents (1 should be photo).
The two proofs of identity documents you are asked to supply should be from the following lists.
1 x form of photo identity is required:
1 x form of identity with your address is required:
If you do not have any form of photo identity, you must bring 2 of the address documents.