Patient Information Leaflets:
Take control of your pain
Supported by The Health Foundation
A supported self management course to help you improve your quality of life
Take Control is a supported self management course for people who are living with long term pain.
The course will be delivered by an experienced and trained health professional and they will be supported by one of our
valued volunteers, who are themselves people living with long term pain.
• aims to increase knowledge of your condition and its impact on you
• is made up of 7 weekly 3 hour sessions
• may have between 10 and 15 other people on each course
• should be enjoyable and helpful for you
• should give you a range of tools and techniques to try
• aims to build your confidence to manage your pain more effectively
• has been proven to work by independent research